1. Information we may collect
Personal information or personal data is any information which can be used to identify an individual. This excludes data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
1.1 Your Personal data
1.2 Information you give us.
During the course of entering a contract for energy supply with Iresa Limited, the information you give to us may include
1. Identity Data such as your full names, gender, date of birth. If you add a secondary account holder, the information you give to us may also include the full names, gender and date of birth of your secondary account holder.
2. Contact Data such as your house address, email address and telephone number. This may also include the email address and telephone number of a secondary account holder. We also keep records of when you get in touch by phone, email, social media and review those communications so that we can provide you with the required service and show evidence of interaction or events.
3. Transaction Data such as your transaction information holding payments you make for energy supply or services. This data also includes charges for energy use, for meter installation or other services rendered as communicated to you by the terms of your contract. We also keep records of payments made to you, refunds paid from payments made, cheques issued to you and compensation payments.
4. Vulnerability Data such as disabilities, age or health related conditions for you or any member of your household. This data includes that which you provided to us at sign-up and any additional entry you include from your online account, by email or phone communication. This helps us to provide suitable additional services to you.
We do not collect any special categories of personal about you like your political opinions, sexual orientation, race, religious or philosophical beliefs, ethnicity, biometric or genetic information.
1.3 Information we receive or collect from other sources.
We work closely with third parties (for example paper mailing, direct debit payment, meter reading, meter information, supply number search providers) and may receive the following information about you.
We may also collect, use and share aggregated data such as usage data for any purpose. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
1.5 Providing personal data.
Where we need to collect personal data by law or under the terms of your contract, and you fail to provide the data when requested, we may not be able to provide you with one or more services.
2 What we do with the information you give to us.
We will only use your personal data when the law and energy regulation allows us to.
Most commonly we will use your personal data to do the following.
We have set out below a description of how we plan to use your personal data and the legal/regulatory bases for doing so.
|Purpose||Type of Data||Basis of processing|
|To register you as a customer||Identity, contact, financial||Perform our contractual obligation to you.|
|Manage payment||Identity, contact, financial||To run our business or recover debt.|
|Correspondence||Identity, contact||Provide continuous support|
|Correspondence||Call records||Training and monitoring.
Investigate complaints or disputes
|Bill you||Identity, usage, contact, financial||Perform our contract obligation to you, to run and grow our business|
|Supply||Technical, contact, personal||Perform our contractual obligation to you.|
You agree that we (and our agents) may use the information and contact details you give us or use with us, and the contact details provided when you contact us, to do any of the following things:
(a) to set up, monitor and manage your account, including carry out our rights and responsibilities under the contract, contact you in relation to your energy supply, to transfer your account to another supplier, and share information about your account with any of our agents and other organisations and people who we use to help run our businesses (for example, meter readers);
(b) to keep to all relevant laws, regulations, industry codes and government instructions, and to deal with any complaints;
(c) to take a deposit, carry out credit checks, trace and recover debt, and help prevent fraud and loss; and
(d) to help us to improve the way we run any existing and future accounts, services and products and to tell you about improvements and new products and services.
3. Sharing your information
We may share your information with selected service providers to process information we hold about you on our behalf or as otherwise required by law. This includes but not limited to.
We permit third-party service providers to process your personal data for specified purposes only and in accordance with our instructions.
You agree to us sharing your information with other people or organisations where necessary for the purposes of the
contract. This includes sharing your information with any joint account holders or anyone you have a joint bank account (that you use to set up the Direct Debit with us). We may also exchange information between any of your energy accounts, and if we need to change agents (for example,meter readers) they may also need to share your details with the agent replacing them, and you agree to that.
4. Your rights.
You have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you:
We will respond to your request within at most 1 month but we will need to positively identify you before we action these requests. If you want further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk), the supervisory body that regulates handling of personal information.
5. Securing your information
6. Data Retention
We will store your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy. We are however still bound by the following retention periods:
Where our retention periods are not bound by legislation, our policy is based on commercial justification. These includes:
In some cases we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you and use this indefinitely without further notice.
7. Out of the EU
Some of our external third parties are based outside the European Economic Areas (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA. Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by:
8. Changes to this Privacy Notice.
Last Updated: 25th May, 2018